Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: SF Monarch Dueling?

SF Monarch Dueling? 7 months 2 days ago #24548

• SupremusTotus
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can answer this question!

I'm planning on picking up a Custom Monarch (been communicating with Justin at SF and have worked everything out to my exact liking, I highly recommend his services from what I've seen so far) but am a little unsure where SF stands when it comes to warrantying for contact dueling. I know that dueling with other crystal reveal sabers like the Prodigal Son is completely out of the question, but since the Monarch isn't exactly a 'reveal' saber and still has a fair bit of support from the back of the crystal chamber, would dueling be okay or is it still a big no-no?

The FAQ section of the SaberForge website mentions that dueling is not covered for the CR Prodigal Son, Redeemer and Exhalted, but doesn't mention the other Crystal sabers.

I'm not a heavy dueler and plan to take darn good care of my sabers, so even if it's not covered by warranty but is still technically okay, that would be fine too.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SF Monarch Dueling? 7 months 2 days ago #24566

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
  • Thank you received: 18
SupremusTotus wrote:
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can answer this question!

I'm planning on picking up a Custom Monarch (been communicating with Justin at SF and have worked everything out to my exact liking, I highly recommend his services from what I've seen so far) but am a little unsure where SF stands when it comes to warrantying for contact dueling. I know that dueling with other crystal reveal sabers like the Prodigal Son is completely out of the question, but since the Monarch isn't exactly a 'reveal' saber and still has a fair bit of support from the back of the crystal chamber, would dueling be okay or is it still a big no-no?

The FAQ section of the SaberForge website mentions that dueling is not covered for the CR Prodigal Son, Redeemer and Exhalted, but doesn't mention the other Crystal sabers.

I'm not a heavy dueler and plan to take darn good care of my sabers, so even if it's not covered by warranty but is still technically okay, that would be fine too.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

A Mod can answer this better but you essentially have a full year warranty which includes dueling unless otherwise specified in the faq.
"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

SF Monarch Dueling? 7 months 1 day ago #24606

• 308BJP
  • Thank you received: 17
Phillip's Monarch Video

Phillip released a video in March of 2014 and at 1:45 in the video timeline he states "This is a Starkiller style hilt that you can actually duel with, although it's not going to be warrantied for dueling because if you take a direct hit on a crystal chamber you could easily break those components."

Personally, I would be fine with it for choreography and close ups for video projects, but I wouldn't use it in freestyle dueling. Like Phillip says, if you break the components of the crystal chamber from dueling with it, you would need to pay for the repairs.

If anything else went awry beyond that, I think SF would honor the warranty.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 day ago by 308BJP.

SF Monarch Dueling? 7 months 21 hours ago #24692

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
I see a design like the 'Monarch' to be a real showpiece of any collection. It's certainly on my wishlist for the new year, maybe in purple. Would I duel with it? No. I plan on a couple of consulars for me and my better half for that.
But please post pics on here of Justin's mods and customising! Seriously drooling over the prospect of a pristine Monarch on my mantle.

SF Monarch Dueling? 7 months 17 hours ago #24726

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
It's warrantied for blade-on-blade dueling. If you duel with it and the hit the crystal chamber, that's blade-on-hilt... not covered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308BJP

SF Monarch Dueling? 7 months 17 hours ago #24727

• SupremusTotus
  • Thank you received: 5
Haha gotcha, thank you Knytiri.
Knytiri wrote:
It's warrantied for blade-on-blade dueling. If you duel with it and the hit the crystal chamber, that's blade-on-hilt... not covered.

SF Monarch Dueling? 7 months 10 hours ago #24767

• 308BJP
  • Thank you received: 17
Knytiri wrote:

Fantastic!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fallen SF Custom|Story so... (6 Posts)
    • Thank you Ex66, Quote: Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special...
    • Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special one-off? You have a...
    • [attachment] [attachment] vv Two Indigo's under different Lighting Conditions between a 32" and 37"...
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] ...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 21
  • Yesterday Answer: 87